Aeronautics Defense Systems is an Israeli company, owned by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems. It was established in 1997 and is based in Yavneh, Israel. Aeronautics Defense Systems specializes in the manufacturing of Unmanned Aerial Systems for military and civilian uses.
Through its in-house capability as an UAS integrator with specialist subsidiaries and technology partners, the company offers a complete range of subsystems including air vehicles, inertial navigation and avionics, electro-optical payloads (EO), communications, propulsion systems, launch and retrieval systems, command and control units.
On September 2, 2019, the company completed an acquisition by Rafael Advanced Defense Systems (50%) and the Israeli businessman Avihai Stolero (50%). The company was delisted from the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange and became a private company.
The company is the first Israeli civilian company to carry out all-inclusive operational missions for the Israeli army, some taking place in Gaza and the West Bank. Israeli forces have been outsourcing visual intelligence services for field security to the company since 2002.For more information about the company’s involvement in the Israeli occupation, you may visit “WhoProfits“
In December 2021 the Israel Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit has decided to indict drones company Aeronautics and company officers for violation of the Defense Export Control Law, in connection with a material customer of the company.Aeronautics charged for violating export law
In August 2017, an unusual announcement was issued by the Ministry of Defense, according to which it freezes the marketing and export licenses of UAV products made by Aeronautics to a certain customer. Following the announcement, the police opened an investigation, and a restraining order was issued. Parallel to that a complaint was filed against the company, according to which during a demonstration by a UAV “suicide bomber” in Azerbaijan, the Israeli team was asked to use the tool, armed with explosives, against a manned position of the Armenian army.Defense Ministry to suspend drone maker executives’ export licenses
Acquisitions / Subsidiaries
- Commtact Ltd. (100%), RT LTA Systems Ltd. (51%), CONTROP Precision Technologies Ltd. (50%), Zanzottera SRL (100%), PoziDrone (100%), CP Technologies (100%)
- The company also invests in General Robotics (6.7%), Asio Technologies (11.2%), Magna B.S.P (14.4%)
- The company has strategic agreements with L-3 Communications, Verinet, Mahinda Defence and Rafael Advanced Defense Systems.
- Company clients include Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, Elbit Systems, Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), Israel Prison Service.
In 2021, Aeronautics purchased the Projects Division of Magal Security Systems which is globally active in Home Land Security. The division was involved in implementing security systems along Israel-Egypt border and was mentioned as a possible contractor for the wall in the USA-Mexico border.Who Profits- Aeronautics Page
Products and Services
- Unmanned aerial systems: Orbiter 1K Mini-UAS, Orbiter 2 Small-UAS, Orbiter 3 Small Tactical UAS, Orbiter 4 Small Tactical UAS, Aerostar Tactical UAS, Dominator XP, Skystar Aerostats , Pegasus 120 VTOL UAS.
- Manned ISR.
- Other military applications: C4ISTAR, Persistent Wide Area Surveillance (PWAS), Airborne ISR.
- Homeland Security Solutions.
- Civil and Commercial Applications: Open mine surveys and security, Mineral exploration, Aerial photogrammetry & photography, Infrastructure monitoring and security, Environmental safety (pollution, fires, floods etc.) monitoring, Forestry and precision agriculture, Mega-event safety.
|￪1||For more information about the company’s involvement in the Israeli occupation, you may visit “WhoProfits“|
|￪2||Aeronautics charged for violating export law|
|￪3||Defense Ministry to suspend drone maker executives’ export licenses|
|￪4||Who Profits- Aeronautics Page|