BriefCam was founded in 2008 based on technology developed at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.Briefcam Company Official Website : About Head office is in Modi’in, Israel. BriefCam has offices in the US and China Video synopsis company BriefCam wins innovation award and also in the UK BRIEFCAM LIMITED UK
BriefCam is a developer and supplier of solutions for rapid review of surveillance video. The company’s systems have been used worldwide by municipalities, in campuses and banks, by border control authorities, building management, retail businesses and more. They also supply artificial intelligence (AI)-powered systems.
BriefCam sells a system called “Protect & Insights” that lets police and private companies filter hours of closed circuit television and home surveillance and create excerpts of a few relevant moments.Community Policing: How Homeowners Can Help Law Enforcement Accelerate Investigations Protect & Insights has built-in facial recognition and license plate reader searches, and lets police create “Watch Lists” of faces and license plates. The company also said its tool could filter out “men, women, children, clothing, bags, vehicles, animals, size, color, speed, path, direction, dwell time, and more.”Many Police Departments Have Software That Can Identify People In Crowds ‘Holy cow’: the powerful software behind the city’s surveillance system
In 2020 BriefCam launched a new feature, which it marketed as a way to combat the Covid-19 pandemic. The company claimed it could gauge the distance between individuals, detect who is wearing a mask and who isn’t, and identify crowds and bottlenecks. In a brochure, BriefCam said that these features could be combined with facial recognition to determine the identities of people who may have violated social distancing recommendations.Many Police Departments Have Software That Can Identify People In Crowds
Protect & Insights – Video Analytics Platform. It drives value from surveillance camera investments by making video searchable, actionable, and quantifiable.
Investigator – a plug-and-play, all-in-one video analytics system
Video Synopsis – BriefCam invented and owns the worldwide patents for the VIDEO SYNOPSIS solution, an approach that allows organizations to review hours of video in minutes.
Invested in BriefCam: Motorola Solutions Venture Capital, Rimage and Aviv Venture Capital.Briefcam Company on Crunchbase
In 2009, BriefCam awarded $2.6 million in funding by Aviv Venture Capital and a group of private investors.With Israel’s BriefCam 24 hours passes in a minute In addition, the company begun an integration partnership with Milestone Systems, the leading open-platform company within IP video management software. It gave Milestone XProtect users access to BriefCam?s technology.https://www.israel21c.org/with-israels-briefcam-24-hours-passes-in-a-minute-2. BriefCam has raised $14.3M between 2009-2013.Briefcam Company on Crunchbase
The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of the publicly traded Japanese corporation Canon since 2018. It was acquired by Canon for $90m.Globes : Canon buys Israeli video solutions co BriefCam for $90m
In 2021, the American company LenelS2 has announced a strategic distribution agreement with BriefCam.LenelS2 announces strategic distribution agreement to resell BriefCam video analytics software
Used in: Canada, USA, France, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Belgium, Germany, Israel, South-Africa, Netherlands, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, India, South-Korea, Norway.
Specific Customers of BriefCam Worldwide:
- United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi Monitoring & Control Centre.Many Police Departments Have Software That Can Identify People In Crowds, Partnership with Moro Hub, a subsidiary of Digital DEWA, the digital arm of Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA)Moro Hub teams up with BriefCam to develop IPSP
- France – According to the AN2V 2020 guide, BriefCam’s software equips 35 cities in France Technopolice : Briefcam Report, including Paris.Many Police Departments Have Software That Can Identify People In Crowds.
- Canada – Police in Thundar Bay, Canada, acquired BriefCam’s software in 2021. The software will be integrated into Thunder Bay’s Eye on the Street program, an expansion of the city’s closed-circuit camera surveillance system approved in 2022.BriefCam video search with limited facial recognition licensed by Canadian police force Eye on the Street software upgrade uses AI to speed up searches in Thunder Bay
- Indonesia – In use by Indonesian National Police.Many Police Departments Have Software That Can Identify People In Crowds
- Singapore – In use by Singapore Police Force.Many Police Departments Have Software That Can Identify People In Crowds
- Thailand – In use by the Royal Thai Police.BriefCam Presentation : Solution Overview – BriefCam at Work in Safe Cities
- Brazil – BriefCam’s technology was used at the 2016 Rio Olympics. Cnn : Rio boosts surveillance ahead of Olympics
- Germany – In use by Hamburg Police.BriefCam Presentation : Solution Overview – BriefCam at Work in Safe Cities
- South-Africa – in use by Johannesburg Safe City.BriefCam Presentation : Solution Overview – BriefCam at Work in Safe Cities
- Netherlands – in use by Netherlands National Police.BriefCam Presentation : Solution Overview – BriefCam at Work in Safe Cities
- Australia – in use by Western Australian Police Force.BriefCam Presentation : Solution Overview – BriefCam at Work in Safe Cities and the City of Ipswich. BRIEFCAM HELPS THE CITY OF IPSWICH DRIVE SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY
- Japan – in use by Kanagawa Prefectural Police and Gunma Prefectural Police https://dronkiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/BriefCam-2019-At-Work-in-Safe-Cities-2.pdf
- India – In use by Kolkata Police Force.BriefCam Presentation : Solution Overview – BriefCam at Work in Safe Cities
- South-Korea in Use by Seongdong-Gu Police Force.BriefCam Presentation : Solution Overview – BriefCam at Work in Safe Cities
- Spain – in use at Institución Ferial de Madrid (IFEMA) Exhibition Center IFEMA MADRID INCREASES SAFETY OF 4.3 MILLION YEARLY VISITORS
- Taiwan – in use by Taipei City Police Department.BriefCam Presentation : Solution Overview – BriefCam at Work in Safe Cities, in use by Taitung County Police Bureau.Taitung Region Maximizes Policing Efficiency And Effectiveness With BriefCam Video Content Analytics
- UK – BriefCam was incorporated in the UK in 2019.BRIEFCAM LIMITED UK
- USA – installed in Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (ABIA) in Austin.Briefcam boosts security at airport
Specific Customers in the US:
Dozens of cities around the US are using Briefcam: Los Angeles, Washington DC, Miami, Springfield. New Orleans, St. Paul, Chicago; Boston; Detroit; Denver; Doral, Florida; Hartford, Connecticut; Santa Fe County, New Mexico, Beverly Hills, Overland park, Miami Gardens, Lawrence, Inglewood, Glendale, Coral Gables.Many Police Departments Have Software That Can Identify People In Crowds
- Denver – paid more than $250,000 for BriefCam licenses in 2019.Many Police Departments Have Software That Can Identify People In Crowds
- Tulare County, California – paid over $119,000 for BriefCam.Many Police Departments Have Software That Can Identify People In Crowds
- Spriengfield, Massachusetts – part of $1m deal with Motorola.Springfield police to dramatically expand video surveillance capabilities Springfield Police Real-Time Analysis Center, credited in social media threat arrests, brings digital solutions to crime
- Washington DC – The Metropolitan Police Department acquired BriefCam technologies in 2015.GOVERNMENT OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA METROPOLITAN POLICE DEPARTMENT
- Arlington, Texas – paid $76,000 for BriefCam in 2019.Arlington City Council Regular Meeting
- Santa Fe – acquired BriefCam software as part of a Motorola service package in 2016.Santa FE County Document : Memorandum.
- St.Paul – The St. Paul Police Department acquired BriefCam’s software in 2020 and is spending about $40,000 over three years to use the technology.St Paul Police to Implement Video Technology to Help Investigations
Usage by Israeli Forces
According to CEO of BriefCam in 2012, BriefCam’s systems are put to use in Israel by border patrol units and other security and law enforcement areas.To See a Day in a Matter of Minutes
According to BriefCam, BriefCam’s systems are in use in Jerusalem. BriefCam Presentation : Solution Overview – BriefCam at Work in Safe Cities
The Israeli Ministry of Housing and Construction uses Briefcam technology in its surveillance of 98 sites in Palestinian neighborhoods in occupied East Jerusalem, according to Who Profits.Who Profits – BriefCam Report
In February 2021 the Israeli Police made a $1m contract with Briefcam for video analysis systems.Israel Police Agreement with BriefCam 2021